Essential oils for your toddler.
February 16, 2016
This week has been great! The happy people at Gio Naturals sent us a starter kit of carrier oils to try out. I have been busy researching and testing ways to use them.
Gio Naturals carrier oils are 100% Organic and USDA certified. Included in the gift pack, was Tamanu, Argan, Castor & Jojoba Oil. I have heard (and used) all of them except the Tamanu oil.
- Tamanu Oil is ideal for many common skin conditions such as cold sores, psoriasis, eczema, acne scars, general scars, burns, stings, mosquito bites, toenail fungus, stretch marks, dry scalp and flaky, scaly or overly dry skin.
- Jojoba oil is one of the best oils to deal with dry, damaged hair and other problems, like dandruff, hair loss, etc.
- Castor oil carries ricinoleic acid and omega- 6 essential fatty acids, which accelerate blood circulation to the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. Most people use it on their eyelashes to grow them thicker and longer.
- Argan oil hydrates & restores dry frizzy and problematic hair, reduce split ends, add shine and moisture to your hair. It also has unusually high levels of vitamin E & Vitamin A. These vitamins are known to protect and repair skin damage.
I have personally been using organ oil in my hair for years. It is excellent when straightening your hair.
For Donovan, I mixed the following blends:
- Anti-itch Toddler Oil (in a roller bottle) – 5 drops of lavender, 5 drops of eucalyptus, and fill to the top with Tamanu oil. It is mild and perfect for those pesky mosquito bites.
- Cradle Cap Toddler Oil – 1 tablespoon of Jojoba oil and one drop of sweet orange oil (for scent). He has one little problem spot on the top of his head.
- Sleepy Toddler Vitamin-enriched Massage Oil – 2 tablespoons of Argan oil, 1 drop lavender, and 1 drop lemon. Donovan loves massages!
For myself, I decided to try applying the castor oil directly to my eyelashes. I hardly have any and could really some more.
The Gio Naturals carrier oil gift pack also contained an empty bottle labeled “My Blend” that came in really handy for putting the massage oil in. Donovan points to where I keep it to let me know he is ready for his massage. I wish that is all I had to do to get a massage.